Dr. Marcia Fournier is an American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Science and Technology Policy Fellow working with the NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC). In addition to developing strong internal project communications among the 115 data commons stakeholders, she also supports the development of the CRDC’s Cancer Data Service and Clinical Trial Data Commons at CBIIT.
Dr. Fournier has 20 years of experience leading teams and developing innovative health care products applying genomics and machine learning. After receiving her doctorate from the University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, she pursued her doctoral research in oncology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. Throughout her career, Dr. Fournier has worked with leading cancer research and technology institutions, including Lawrence Berkeley National Labs as a postdoctoral fellow and GlaxoSmithKline as a principal scientist. Dr. Fournier has also led Bioarray Genetics Inc., a biotechnology company, for the past 10 years. She is currently a founder and board member of Dimensions Sciences, a nonprofit organization supporting minorities in STEM.
- NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC)
- NCI Cloud Resources
- NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) Data Archive
- Chen JW, Russell RP, Desai T, Fiel-Gan M, Bhat V, Gaui MFD, Amendola LC, Vasconcelos Z, Brufsky AM, Fournier MV, Tannenbaum SH. RNA expression classifiers from a model of breast epithelial cell organization to predict pathological complete response in triple negative breast cancer. Archives of Clinical and Biomedical Research 5 (2021): 376-395. doi: 10.26502/acbr.50170170.
- Delmonico L, Obenauer JC, Stockfisch TP, Fournier MV. Housekeeping genes involved in non-malignant breast phenotypes are widely expressed in multiple cancers and provide novel biomarkers of tumor classification. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2021 May 17;54(7):e10388. doi: 10.1590/1414-431X2020e10388. PMID: 34008752; PMCID: PMC8130057.
- Fournier MV, Goodwin EC, Chen J, Obenauer JC, Tannenbaum S, Brufsky A. A Predictor of Pathological Complete Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Stratifies Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patients with High Risk of Recurrence. Sci Rep. 2019 Oct 16;9(1):14863. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-51335-1.
- Delmonico L, Obenauer JC, Qureshi F, Alves G, Ornellas MHF, Magalhães Costa MAS, Martin KJ and Fournier MV. A Novel Panel of 80 RNA Biomarkers with Differential Expression in Multiple Human Solid Tumors against Healthy Blood Samples. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2019, 20, 4894; doi:10.3390/ijms20194894.
- Martin KJ, Fournier MV, Reddy GP, Pardee AB. A Need for Basic Research on Fluid-Based Early Detection Biomarkers. Cancer Res. 2010 Jul 1;70(13):5203-6. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-10-0987. Epub 2010 Jun 29. Review. PubMed PMID: 20587531.
- Fournier MV, Fata JE, Martin KJ, Yaswen P, Bissell MJ. Interaction of E-Cadherin and PTEN Regulates Morphogenesis and Growth Arrest in Human Mammary Epithelial Cells. Cancer Res. 2009 May 15;69(10):4545-52. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-08-1694. Epub 2009 May 5. PubMed PMID: 19417140; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2746025.
- Martin KJ, Patrick DR, Bissell MJ, Fournier MV. Prognostic Breast Cancer Signature Identified from 3D Culture Model Accurately Predicts Clinical Outcome across Independent Datasets. PLoS One. 2008 Aug 20;3(8):e2994. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0002994. PubMed PMID: 18714348; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2500166.
- Fournier MV, Martin KJ, Kenny PA, Xhaja K, Bosch I, Yaswen P, Bissell MJ. Gene Expression Signature in Organized and Growth-Arrested Mammary Acini Predicts Good Outcome in Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2006 Jul 15;66(14):7095-102. PubMed PMID: 16849555; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2933218.
- Fleming MD, Pinkus JL, Fournier MV, Alexander SW, Tam C, Loda M, Sallan SE, Nichols KE, Carpentieri DF, Pinkus GS, Rollins BJ. Coincident Expression of the Chemokine Receptors CCR6 and CCR7 by Pathologic Langerhans Cells in Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. Blood. 2003 Apr 1;101(7):2473-5. Erratum in: Blood. 2003 Nov 15;102(10):3477. PubMed PMID: 12642342.
- Bosch I, Xhaja K, Estevez L, Raines G, Melichar H, Warke RV, Fournier MV, Ennis FA, Rothman AL. Increased Production of Interleukin-8 in Primary Human Monocytes and in Human Epithelial and Endothelial Cell Lines after Dengue Virus Challenge. J Virol. 2002 Jun;76(11):5588-97. PubMed PMID: 11991987; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC137016.