Nathan Boyd, Ph.D.
Health Science Administrator
- Center for Biomedical Informatics & Information Technology
- Office of Data Sharing
- Scientific Policy and Program Branch A
I have a background in biomedical sciences and cancer research with experience utilizing large data sets such as The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA). As a health science administrator, I serve as a member of the NCI data access committee, I support the implementation of the NCI Data Management and Sharing Policy, and I provide program support to the Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI).
Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI)Develops means to collect and share childhood cancer data to learn from every child with cancer.
Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Access CommitteeGrants researchers access to controlled childhood cancer and structural birth defects data.
NCI Data Access CommitteeReviews requests to access data in the database of Genotypes and Phenotypes.
- Ph.D., Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- M.S., Cell, Molecular Biology, and Physiology, Georgia State University
- B.S., Biology, Georgia State University
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Science and Technology Policy Fellow, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering, U.S. Department of Defense
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Emory University
- 2019 Best Oral Presentation, SE Brain Tumor Research Meeting
- 2017 Morris Award for Exemplary Leadership, Excellence, and Service to Graduate Student Body
- 2015 NCI F31 NRSA Fellowship