NCI Chief Information Officer
I’m the Chief Information Officer of NCI, and I'm responsible for providing effective and safe computing and data management capabilities to NCI. My education started in the bio-sciences, specifically chemistry and biology, and grew to include modern information technology. To support NCI’s mission, my team and I utilize IT for common administrative functions, as well as cutting-edge biological research, including clinical trials. I work to ensure that NCI’s innovative teams have everything they need to seamlessly lead, conduct, and support cancer research nationwide.
- Miller, J. How the Cloud is Letting the National Cancer Institute Take the IT Burden Off its Mission Areas. Federal News Network. March 31, 2023. Accessed November 3, 2023.
- Palantir. Data-Driven Cancer Research—FoundryCon Keynote Address. 2022. Accessed November 3, 2023.
In the News
In the NewsIn a recent podcast, NCI leaders from CBIIT and the Small Business Innovation Research Development Center shared how technological developments have enhanced cancer research and have helped usher in new diagnostics, treatments, and patient care.
- M.S., Information Technology, American InterContinental University
- B.S., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
IT Architect/Associate Director for Clinical Informatics, Center for Cancer Research, NCI
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Toxicology Program
- Biologist, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2023 NCATS Director’s Award, for work on the Antiviral Research Acquisitions Team
- 2023 NIH Director's Award, for work on the Metadata Software and Services Team
- 2022 NCI Director’s Award, for work on the NCI Gradual Return to On-Site Work Team
Craig HaynSupervisory IT Specialist (Information Security), Cybersecurity Branch ChiefNCI Cybersecurity Branch
Dianna Kelly, M.P.H.IT Project Manager, Advisor for Strategy and OrganizationOffice of the Chief Information Officer
Carl W. McCabe, Ph.D.Supervisory Biomedical Information Specialist, Scientific IT AdvisorOffice of the Chief Information Officer
Sue PanComputer Scientist, Digital Services and Solutions Branch Chief (Code 4 Supervisor)Digital Services and Solutions Branch