Heather K. Basehore, Ph.D.
Health Science Administrator
- Center for Biomedical Informatics & Information Technology
- Office of Data Sharing
- Scientific Policy and Program Branch B
As a health science administrator, I apply my background in biomedical sciences and research administration to support the Office of Data Sharing (ODS), serving as a member of the NCI data access committee and providing program support to large projects such as the Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI). The ODS team coordinates NCI’s approach to the development and implementation of data sharing and public access policies.
Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI)Develops means to collect and share childhood cancer data to learn from every child with cancer.
NCI Data Access CommitteeReviews requests to access data in the database of Genotypes and Phenotypes.
In the News
In the NewsDo you know how the 2023 NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy will impact your work? If you are seeking NCI funding, this blog is for you. We cover the key policy distinctions, implementation changes, and resources to help you navigate the process.
- Ph.D., Integrative Biosciences, The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., Chemistry, Mansfield State University
- Program Coordinator for Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Coatesville, PA