Kanakadurga “Durga” Addepalli, Ph.D.
Health Scientist (Bioinformatics)
- Center for Biomedical Informatics & Information Technology
- Informatics and Data Science Program
- Data Ecosystems Branch
As a biomedical informatics scientist, I provide informatics and scientific expertise to the intramural and extramural cancer research communities. I lead the Cancer Data Service by overseeing and managing efforts focused on cancer data governance and management for cloud platforms supporting the NCI Cancer Research Data Commons. I am responsible for programs and projects focused on FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data management, which include data storage, sharing, and analysis on high-performance computing or the cloud. I also manage NCI’s Nanotechnology research data-sharing portal, caNanoLab, which is designed to facilitate information sharing across the international biomedical nanotechnology research community to expedite and validate the use of nanotechnology in biomedicine. I oversee the NCI Containers and Workflows Interest Group (CWIG), and I manage a webinar series that invites researchers and data scientists to discuss the latest advancements in cloud computing and container technologies, workflow, tools, and packages.
cancer Nanotechnology Laboratory (caNanoLab)Facilitates information sharing across the biomedical nanotechnology research community
NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC)Connects researchers with data sets and tools to analyze large- scale cancer research data in the cloud.
NCI Community HubA resource for NCI collaboration and sharing of data, tools, and standards.
Resources for Interpreting Variants in Precision Genomic Oncology Applications. Frontiers in Oncology, 2017.
In the News
In the NewsIf you’re attending the 2022 American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting (either in person or virtual), don’t miss these data science sessions, poster presentations, and the NCI exhibit booth, where you can hear more about our programs and activities!Learn More About the Cloud and Container Technology Driving Cancer Data Science at the Containers and Workflow Interest Group (CWIG) WebinarsThe relaunched monthly CWIG webinar series will invite researchers from across the globe to discuss the latest advancements in cloud computing technologies, workflow, tools, and packages.
- Ph.D., Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, George Mason University
- M.S., Biochemistry, University of Mumbai
- Postgraduate Diploma, Bioinformatics, Savitribai Phule University
- Senior Biomedical Informatics Specialist, NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC) Cloud Resources
- Senior Biomedical Informatics Specialist, dbGaP Backlog, CBIIT Office of Data Sharing
- Senior Bioinformatics Business Analyst and Requirements Lead, High-Performance Computing (HPC) Data Management Environment
- Bioinformatics Analyst II, NCI Center for Cancer Research Collaborative Bioinformatics Resource
- Bioinformatics Business Analyst, NCI Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program
- Bioinformatics System Analyst, NCICB (what is now present-day CBIIT)
- Bioinformatics Executive, Dr. Reddy’s Labs, India
- Bioinformatics Officer, Rajco Infotech, India