Esmeralda “Emi” Casas-Silva, Ph.D.
Health Science Administrator
- Center for Biomedical Informatics & Information Technology
- Informatics and Data Science Program
- Data Ecosystems Branch
As a health science administrator and program director, I apply my biomedical sciences and policy background in support of the Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC), including development oversight of NCI’s Clinical Trials Data Commons. I also co-lead NCI’s Ethical and Regulatory Issues in Cancer Research (ENRICH) forum, and I contribute to the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health’s (GA4GH’s) efforts to enable genomic data sharing for the benefit of human health.
NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC)Connects researchers with data sets and tools to analyze large- scale cancer research data in the cloud.
NCI Community HubA resource for NCI collaboration and sharing of data, tools, and standards.
NCTN/NCORP Data ArchiveStores and shares datasets generated from NCTN and NCORP clinical trials.
Through the Lens of Patient Partners: Challenges in Accrual of Older Adults to NCI Clinical Trials. Journal of the National Cancer Institute Monographs, 2022.
In the News
In the NewsCelebrate the NCI team that recently received a 2022 FedHealthIT Innovation Award for their commitment to advancing cancer research through work proteomics efforts such as the Proteomic Data Commons.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, The Scripps Research Institute (La Jolla, CA)
- Ph.D., Biomedical Sciences, University of California, San Diego
- Scientific Program Manager/Science Policy, Biorepositories and Biospecimen Branch, NCI’s Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Science & Technology Policy Fellow, NCI
- Research Technician, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Program Manager, American Red Cross (San Diego, CA)