Cancer Data Science Course
Are you interested in the field of cancer data science? Whether you’re intending to transform your career with it, or you’re just looking for some perspective, we hope this beginner series can be your roadmap to better understanding this pivotal field.
Watch, read, and review your way through each chapter to learn fundamental information and skills.
Chapter 6: Working in the Cancer Data Science Field
Do you really need to be a data scientist to do cancer
Start the Course
Watch our ~6-minute-long video, “5 Tips for Working with a Cancer Data Science Team”
Test your knowledge!
Other Related Materials:
- It Takes a Village: The Value of Collaboration in Genomic Cancer Studies: Read tips on how to keep all the cancer
data scienceteam in the loop when devising new genomics studies.
- Leadership for Cancer Informatics Research: Find out how you can create an environment for your informatics research team.
- Job Interview Questions for Cancer Data Scientists and How to Answer Them: Find out what questions you may receive if you are applying for a cancer data science position or what you may ask a potential data science collaborator in the hiring process.
- For the Love of . . . Data!: Feel the love that NCI and CBIIT staff have for data and its influence on the field of cancer research. Former NCI Director Dr. Ned Sharpless comments on his own personal experience.
- Value of Collaboration Among Multi-domain Experts in Analysis of High-throughput Genomics Data. Cancer Research, 2019. | Learn about fostering collaboration among multidisciplinary experts so you can create a comprehensive genomic “pipeline” from lab to patient.
Don't Stop Now!
Continue your learning through these other NCI-funded resources.
- Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Training Network
- Are you a fellow or intern working at NCI? Check out the Bioinformatics Training and Education Program website for classes, courses, events, and more.
- Ready to start your project? Get an overview of the data science lifecycle and what you should do in each stage.
- Need answers to
data sciencequestions? Visit our Training Guide Library.