ATOM Fellowship Virtual Information Session 1
The Accelerating Therapeutics for Opportunities in Medicine (ATOM) Consortium is accepting applications for their Cancer Drug Discovery Data Scientist Fellowship program. This one-year appointment will begin in early 2020 and is based in San Francisco, California. The ATOM Fellowship Program’s goal is to provide both early-career computational and biomedical scientists with an immersive cross-training experience across these disciplines.
This virtual information session will give potential applicants an opportunity to ask questions about the fellowship program and the application process.
To be eligible for the ATOM Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possession of a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Biomedical Science related field from an accredited college or university. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- A strong background in any of the following: cancer biology, pharmaceutical or medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, drug discovery, computational biology, in silico biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, molecular dynamics, multiscale modeling, machine learning, adaptive learning or high-performance computing.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Upon selection, one must be able to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
A second session is being offered on October 28, 2019.
- Cancer Research Data Commons and Other NCI Infrastructures in Support of Data ScienceSeptember 19, 2021AttentiveChrome: Deep Learning for Predicting Gene Expression from Histone ModificationsSeptember 22, 2021“Le Grand et Le Petit”: Splicing Factors SF3B1 and SUGP1 and Their Cancer Mutations Leading to Aberrant Acceptor UsageSeptember 22, 2021The Future of Clinical Trial Data Sharing.... The Art of The PossibleSeptember 23, 2021Genomic Data Commons Single Cell RNA-Seq SupportSeptember 27, 2021Virtual Workshop on Next-Generation Sequencing and Radiomics: Resource Requirements for Acceleration of Clinical Applications Including AISeptember 29, 2021 - September 30, 2021