Using Google for NCI Research
Join the upcoming Containers and Workflows Interest Group (CWIG) webinar to hear Mike Callaghan and Dave Belardo of Google, along with Dr. Philip Meacham of Deloitte Consulting, discuss using Google for NCI research.
Specifically, they will provide an overview of:
- Google and its parent company Alphabet,
- Google Healthcare & Life Sciences (HCLS), and
- the NIH STRIDES Initiative and its benefits for NCI researchers.
CWIG is a monthly webinar series that brings together data scientists, bioinformaticians, computer scientists, and researchers to learn more about cloud computing and container technologies, workflows, and pipelines that could drive cancer data science.
The webinar series features a variety of presenters from across NIH, industry, and academia. Though cancer research is the focus of the series, unrelated data science and cloud computing topics are still welcome. In the last year, the CWIG webinar speakers have discussed:
- NIH cloud programs like the Cancer Genomic Cloud, its fellow NCI Cloud Resources, and NIH STRIDES.
- commercial cloud platforms for biomedical data storage and computing.
- pipelines and tools for deep learning and various omics analysis.
This event is open to the public.
Mr. Callaghan is a cloud customer experience account lead at Google and has been helping clients achieve success for over 25 years.
Mr. Belardo is a customer engineer aligning NIH objectives with Google solutions to maximize researcher outcomes. He has been supporting NIH for over 5 years and supporting Google customers for over 10 years.
Dr. Meacham supports NIH STRIDES through the STRIDES Client Services Team by coordinating the development and delivery of a range of learning and workforce development activities for internal and external NIH audiences.