Google Cloud Medical Imaging
Join Google’s Marcos Novaes, Ph.D., as he presents on the design of large-scale solutions for high-performance computing, machine learning, and the internet of things using the Google Cloud Platform.
Dr. Norvaes will go over:
- the Google Cloud Medical Imaging Suite.
- using Jupyter lab extensions for medical imaging, such as interactive Python widgets, 3DSlicer Kernel, and running 3DSlicer and MONAILabel in a Jupyter environment using Imaging Data Commons data sets.
This webinar is part of the monthly Containers and Workflows Interest Group (CWIG) webinar series. CWIG brings together data scientists, bioinformaticians, computer scientists, and researchers to learn more about cloud computing and container technologies, workflows, and pipelines that could drive cancer data science.
The webinar series features a variety of presenters from across NIH, industry, and academia. Though cancer research is the focus of the series, unrelated data science and cloud computing topics are still welcome. In the last year, the CWIG webinar speakers have discussed:
- NIH cloud programs like the Cancer Genomics Cloud, its fellow NCI Cloud Resources, and NIH Science and Technology Research Infrastructure for Discovery, Experimentation, and Sustainability (STRIDES).
- commercial cloud platforms for biomedical data storage and computing.
- pipelines and tools for deep learning and various omics analysis.
This event is open to the public.
Dr. Norvaes is a Google Cloud Platform solution architect. His areas of interest include the re-architecture of traditionally distributed numerical methods at a large scale using modern technologies developed for machine learning, such as Google's Tensorflow.
- Somatic Variant Analysis and Detection Using Localized Genome GraphsNovember 29, 2023Human Tumor Atlas Network (HTAN) Data JamboreeDecember 04, 2023 - December 07, 2023Capturing Cancer Recurrence with Novel Data LinkagesDecember 05, 2023Cancer Vaccines, Identifying Druggable TargetsDecember 14, 2023