Using Medicare Part D Claims in SEER-MHOS: A Guide for Researchers
Learn to navigate, extract, analyze, and interpret Medicare Part D claims data with cancer outcome data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER)-Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (MHOS) resource. From this webinar, you’ll gain a better understanding of:
- descriptive characteristics of the SEER-MHOS population with Part D claims.
- Part D medical claims data structure.
- methods for calculating medication adherence.
- potential pitfalls when using Part D claims data.
The SEER-MHOS data resource includes Medicare Part D prescription drug claims—a valuable resource for studying medication use and health-related quality of life among Medicare beneficiaries. This claims data include information on prescription drug usage, drug name, dosage, quantity, and refill information. However, working with Part D data requires a good understanding of its structure.
Dr. Jensen currently co-leads the Centers on Telehealth Research for Cancer-Related Care Initiative, focused on generating robust evidence base for patient-centered, sustainable telehealth models of cancer care delivery. She also serves as the scientific lead for the SEER-MHOS data resource, which provides information on cancer health outcomes.
Dr. Lines directs two projects for NCI that develop, maintain, refine, and analyze large data linkages. These projects are the SEER-Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) database and the SEER-MHOS database. These data resources help us understand the associations between care experiences and quality of life, individual and area-level characteristics, quality of care, and outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries with and without cancer.
- Using Medicare Advantage Encounter Data in Cancer ResearchSeptember 29, 20232023 Annual Meeting of the NCI Cohort ConsortiumOctober 11, 2023 - October 12, 2023Annual NCI Office of Data Sharing SymposiumOctober 16, 2023 - October 17, 2023