Obtaining Access to Controlled Data in the Genomic Data Commons
The NCI Genomic Data Commons’s (GDC’s) January webinar will explain the requirements and process for obtaining authorization to download controlled-access genomic data in the GDC.
During the webinar, GDC’s Dr. Bill Wysocki will cover:
- requirements for accessing controlled data in the GDC, including an NIH eRA Commons account,
- data types that are controlled-accessed,
- applying for controlled-access data through NIH’s Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP),
- GDC tools that can help researchers download controlled-access data, and
- common data access questions and issues.
As a data sharing platform within the NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC), the GDC provides access to large quantities of genomic data in and around 18 formats. Learn more about the GDC and its fellow data sharing components by visiting the CRDC website.
Dr. Wysocki is the director of User Services and Outreach for the GDC at the University of Chicago.
- Ci4CC Spring 2023 Symposium Presents, “Data Science in Translational Medicine”February 20, 2023 - February 22, 2023Cancer Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research: Computational Approaches Addressing Imperfect DataApril 03, 2023 - April 04, 2023