Genomic Data Commons Single Cell RNA-Seq Support
The NCI Genomic Data Commons’ (GDC) September webinar will introduce cancer researchers and bioinformaticians to the GDC's single-cell RNA-Seq (scRNA-Seq) data workflow. Single cell sequencing is a powerful platform for studying tumor heterogeneity and the microenvironment.
During the webinar, GDC’s Drs. Bill Wysocki and Zhenyu Zhang will:
- provide an overview of the GDC scRNA-Seq workflow and quality control.
- demonstrate download of scRNA-Seq data generated from GDC workflows.
- demonstrate (using Jupyter notebooks) how scRNA-Seq data can be analyzed using dimensionality reduction plots such as Uniform Manifold Approximation and Projection (UMAP) to:
- visualize relationships between cells.
- discover cell marker profiles and/or gene expression patterns of tumor-related genes.
As a data sharing platform within the NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC), the GDC supports user-submitted data, including scRNA-Seq data, that can be harmonized and made available to the research community. For additional information on how the GDC works with other components in the CRDC, visit datacommons.cancer.gov.
Dr. Wysocki is the director of User Services and Outreach for the GDC at the University of Chicago.
Dr. Zhang is the co-principal investigator of the GDC at the University of Chicago.
- Pre-Cancer Atlases of Cutaneous and Hematologic OriginMarch 23, 2023Cancer Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research: Computational Approaches Addressing Imperfect DataApril 03, 2023 - April 04, 20232023 Co-Clinical Imaging Research Resource Program (CIRP) Annual Virtual MeetingMay 03, 2023 - May 04, 2023