Genomic Data Commons Overview
The NCI Genomic Data Commons' (GDC's) upcoming webinar will introduce new users to its portal and library of computational resources. GDC experts will also answer questions about the GDC and genomic analyses and also share upcoming features of the system. As a component within NCI’s Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC), the GDC is a knowledge system for cancer that facilitates precision oncology and helps researchers share and access genomic, clinical, and biospecimen data.
During the webinar, GDC expert Dr. Bill Wysocki will review GDC’s:
- data access tools,
- Data Analysis, Visualization, and Exploration (DAVE) tools,
- data submission process and tools,
- bioinformatics pipelines, and
- upcoming features and changes.
For additional information on how the GDC works with other components in the NCI CRDC, visit datacommons.cancer.gov.
Dr. Wysocki is the director of User Services and Outreach for the GDC at the University of Chicago.
- 2023 CPTAC Virtual Scientific SymposiumSeptember 26, 2023Using Medicare Advantage Encounter Data in Cancer ResearchSeptember 29, 20232023 Annual Meeting of the NCI Cohort ConsortiumOctober 11, 2023 - October 12, 2023Annual NCI Office of Data Sharing SymposiumOctober 16, 2023 - October 17, 2023