Ci4CC Fall Virtual Symposium & Workshop
This year’s Ci4CC Fall 2020 Virtual Symposium will examine the latest trends in pediatric and adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer research, with special emphasis on data science and informatics and how these fields are helping to better understand the biology of disease and potential therapies.
NCI’s Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) Director, Dr. Tony Kerlavage, and Huntsman Cancer Institute’s Dr. Anne Kirchhoff, are serving as co-chairs and keynote speakers.
Speakers represent a wide range of topic areas, including:
- NCI research programs that address pediatric and AYA cancers
- Emerging scientific discoveries in immunotherapy, precision medicine, and rare tumors
- Data repositories and how to facilitate interoperability using consistent standards and data harmonization
- Registries that feature childhood cancers and how to effectively capture data
- Recent Health Services Research findings on childhood and AYA cancers and strategies to move treatment forward
Both NCI and non-NCI–affiliated subject matter experts will discuss activities underway to support pediatric and AYA cancer research. NCI speakers and their presentations include:
- “Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI) overview and data sharing policies for CCDI”—Dr. Jaime Guidry Auvil
- “Engaging patients and advocates for comprehensive analysis of rare solid tumors (My Pediatric and Adult Rare Tumor Network)” —Dr. Karlyne Reilly
- “A National Childhood Registry”—Dr. Lynne Penberthy
- “Pediatric MATCH”—Dr. Nita Seibel
Dr. Tony Kerlavage is the director of NCI's Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT).
Dr. Kirchhoff is an associate professor of Pediatrics at the University of Utah School of Medicine and a Huntsman Cancer Institute Investigator in the Cancer Control and Population Sciences Research Program.
Dr. Guidry Auvil is the director of the NCI Office of Data Sharing at CBIIT.
Dr. Reilly is the director of NCI Rare Tumor Initiative at NCI's Center for Cancer Research (CCR).
Dr. Penberthy is the associate director of NCI Surveillance Research Program (SEER) at NCI's Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS).
Dr. Seibel is the head of Pediatric Solid Tumor Therapies at NCI's Division of Cancer Treatment & Diagnosis (DCTD).
- Poster Session: “Multi-omics Data Integration in the Cloud: Analysis of Statistically Significant Associations Between Clinical and Molecular Features in Breast Cancer” at ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health InformaticsSeptember 21, 2020 - September 24, 2020Poster Session: “Multi-omics Characterization of Microtubule-actin Crosslinking Factor Using the ISB-Cancer Genomics Cloud” at ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health InformaticsSeptember 21, 2020 - September 24, 2020CPTAC Annual Scientific SymposiumSeptember 22, 2020Ci4CC Fall Virtual Symposium & WorkshopSeptember 24, 2020 - October 08, 2020GDC DNA-Seq Data ProcessingSeptember 28, 2020Poster Session: “The Integrated Canine Data Commons: An Open Public Data Sharing Platform” at Paws for a Cure Research SymposiumSeptember 29, 2020Educational Session: “Emerging Data Sets and Data Integration Initiatives” at Paws for a Cure Research SymposiumSeptember 29, 2020Educational Session: “Data-Driven Comparative Oncology Research: Intelligent Integration of Human/Pediatric and Canine Cancer Data to Fuel Discovery and Accelerate Drug Development” at Paws for a Cure Research SymposiumSeptember 29, 2020NIH Cancer Research and Synthetic Biology WorkshopOctober 26, 2020 - October 30, 2020Sixth Computational Approaches for Cancer WorkshopNovember 13, 2020