Ci4CC Fall Virtual Symposium & Workshop
This year’s Ci4CC Fall 2020 Virtual Symposium will examine the latest trends in pediatric and adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer research, with special emphasis on data science and informatics and how these fields are helping to better understand the biology of disease and potential therapies.
NCI’s Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) Director, Dr. Tony Kerlavage, and Huntsman Cancer Institute’s Dr. Anne Kirchhoff, are serving as co-chairs and keynote speakers.
Speakers represent a wide range of topic areas, including:
- NCI research programs that address pediatric and AYA cancers
- Emerging scientific discoveries in immunotherapy, precision medicine, and rare tumors
- Data repositories and how to facilitate interoperability using consistent standards and data harmonization
- Registries that feature childhood cancers and how to effectively capture data
- Recent Health Services Research findings on childhood and AYA cancers and strategies to move treatment forward
Both NCI and non-NCI–affiliated subject matter experts will discuss activities underway to support pediatric and AYA cancer research. NCI speakers and their presentations include:
- “Childhood Cancer Data Initiative (CCDI) overview and data sharing policies for CCDI”—Dr. Jaime Guidry Auvil
- “Engaging patients and advocates for comprehensive analysis of rare solid tumors (My Pediatric and Adult Rare Tumor Network)” —Dr. Karlyne Reilly
- “A National Childhood Registry”—Dr. Lynne Penberthy
- “Pediatric MATCH”—Dr. Nita Seibel
Dr. Tony Kerlavage is the director of NCI's Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT).
Dr. Kirchhoff is an associate professor of Pediatrics at the University of Utah School of Medicine and a Huntsman Cancer Institute Investigator in the Cancer Control and Population Sciences Research Program.
Dr. Guidry Auvil is the director of the NCI Office of Data Sharing at CBIIT.
Dr. Reilly is the director of NCI Rare Tumor Initiative at NCI's Center for Cancer Research (CCR).
Dr. Penberthy is the associate director of NCI Surveillance Research Program (SEER) at NCI's Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS).
Dr. Seibel is the head of Pediatric Solid Tumor Therapies at NCI's Division of Cancer Treatment & Diagnosis (DCTD).
- HLA Class II Across The Cancer Genome Atlas Cancer DatasetOctober 27, 2021Cloud Computing Workshop: Cancer Genomics Cloud (CGC)October 28, 2021Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)November 03, 2021Cloud Computing Workshop: FireCloudNovember 04, 2021NCI Childhood Cancer Data Initiative Annual Symposium 2021November 09, 2021