Changing the Culture of Data Management and Sharing: A Workshop
In this public workshop, participants will have the opportunity to discuss the challenges and opportunities involved in establishing effective data management and sharing practices.
The organizers encourage anyone working with data to participate, including researchers, data repository managers, funding institutions, publishers, and research participants, to capture a broad range of needs and perspectives.
Workshop presentations and discussions will examine strategies, resources, and promising practices for developing and evaluating data management, and offer ideas for sharing scientific data throughout the data life cycle.
Specific topics likely will include:
- overarching strategies for managing and sharing data.
- assessing the value of shared data.
- monitoring and evaluating data management and sharing practices.
- educational and resource needs for responsible data sharing.
This event is being held in response to a request from the NIH Office of Science Policy and hosted by a planning committee of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- GA4GH 11th Plenary Poster Session on the Data Repository ServiceSeptember 19, 2023 - September 22, 20232023 HINTS Data Users Conference: Celebrating 20 Years of HINTSSeptember 21, 2023 - September 22, 2023Overview of Two SEER/CMS Patient Survey Data Resources at NCI: A Fireside Chat for New UsersSeptember 22, 20232023 CPTAC Virtual Scientific SymposiumSeptember 26, 2023Using Medicare Advantage Encounter Data in Cancer ResearchSeptember 29, 20232023 Annual Meeting of the NCI Cohort ConsortiumOctober 11, 2023 - October 12, 2023Annual NCI Office of Data Sharing SymposiumOctober 16, 2023 - October 17, 2023