Changing the Culture of Data Management and Sharing: A Workshop
In this public workshop, participants will have the opportunity to discuss the challenges and opportunities involved in establishing effective data management and sharing practices.
The organizers encourage anyone working with data to participate, including researchers, data repository managers, funding institutions, publishers, and research participants, to capture a broad range of needs and perspectives.
Workshop presentations and discussions will examine strategies, resources, and promising practices for developing and evaluating data management, and offer ideas for sharing scientific data throughout the data life cycle.
Specific topics likely will include:
- overarching strategies for managing and sharing data.
- assessing the value of shared data.
- monitoring and evaluating data management and sharing practices.
- educational and resource needs for responsible data sharing.
This event is being held in response to a request from the NIH Office of Science Policy and hosted by a planning committee of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- HLA Class II Across The Cancer Genome Atlas Cancer DatasetOctober 27, 2021Cloud Computing Workshop: Cancer Genomics Cloud (CGC)October 28, 2021Cloud Computing Workshop: FireCloudNovember 04, 2021NCI Childhood Cancer Data Initiative Annual Symposium 2021November 09, 2021