GDC RNA-Seq Data Processing
This webinar is intended for cancer researchers and bioinformaticians who are interested in learning more about the NCI Genomic Data Commons (GDC) bioinformatics pipelines supporting data harmonization and how RNA-Seq data are processed at the GDC and made available to the research community.
The NCI’s GDC RNA-Seq Analysis pipeline quantifies protein-coding gene expression. RNA-Seq data are aligned to the reference genome to detect splice junctions and then re-aligned to increase quality. Gene expression quantification and fusion detection are performed on the aligned reads.
In this webinar, The University of Chicago’s Drs. Bill Wysocki and Zhenyu Zhang will:
- Provide an overview of the GDC RNA-Seq alignment workflows
- Review the GDC RNA-Seq gene expression quantification and fusion detection workflows
- Demonstrate download of RNA-Seq data generated from GDC workflows
- Discuss upcoming GDC features that support RNA-Seq data
Dr. Bill Wysocki is the director of user services at The University of Chicago.
Dr. Zhenyu Zhang is the lead bioinformatician for the GDC in the Center for Data Intensive Science (CDIS) at The University of Chicago.
- Progress with Knowledge Enriched Data AnalyticsNovember 06, 2020Sixth Computational Approaches for Cancer WorkshopNovember 13, 2020Enhancers, Gene Regulation, and Genome Organization MeetingNovember 16, 2020 - November 17, 2020