GDC DNA-Seq Data Processing
The GDC DNA-Seq analysis pipeline identifies somatic variants within whole exome sequencing (WXS) and whole genome sequencing (WGS) data. Somatic variants are identified by comparing allele frequencies in normal and tumor sample alignments, annotating each mutation, and aggregating mutations from multiple cases.
In this webinar, The University of Chicago’s Drs. Bill Wysocki and Zhenyu Zhang will:
- Provide an overview of the GDC DNA-Seq alignment workflows
- Review the GDC WXS somatic variant calling workflow
- Review the GDC WGS somatic variant calling, copy number variation, and structural variation workflows
- Demonstrate how to download DNA-Seq data generated from GDC workflows
Dr. Bill Wysocki is the director of user services at The University of Chicago.
Dr. Zhenyu Zhang is the lead bioinformatician for the GDC in the Center for Data Intensive Science (CDIS) at The University of Chicago.
- Poster Session: “Multi-omics Data Integration in the Cloud: Analysis of Statistically Significant Associations Between Clinical and Molecular Features in Breast Cancer” at ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health InformaticsSeptember 21, 2020 - September 24, 2020Poster Session: “Multi-omics Characterization of Microtubule-actin Crosslinking Factor Using the ISB-Cancer Genomics Cloud” at ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health InformaticsSeptember 21, 2020 - September 24, 2020CPTAC Annual Scientific SymposiumSeptember 22, 2020Ci4CC Fall Virtual Symposium & WorkshopSeptember 24, 2020 - October 08, 2020GDC DNA-Seq Data ProcessingSeptember 28, 2020Poster Session: “The Integrated Canine Data Commons: An Open Public Data Sharing Platform” at Paws for a Cure Research SymposiumSeptember 29, 2020Educational Session: “Emerging Data Sets and Data Integration Initiatives” at Paws for a Cure Research SymposiumSeptember 29, 2020Educational Session: “Data-Driven Comparative Oncology Research: Intelligent Integration of Human/Pediatric and Canine Cancer Data to Fuel Discovery and Accelerate Drug Development” at Paws for a Cure Research SymposiumSeptember 29, 2020NIH Cancer Research and Synthetic Biology WorkshopOctober 26, 2020 - October 30, 2020Sixth Computational Approaches for Cancer WorkshopNovember 13, 2020