New CBIIT Summer Internship Program Now Accepting Applications
Do you know of or are you an undergraduate college student interested in gaining valuable experience in software engineering, data sharing, data science, or business administration? NCI’s Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) invites college students to join CBIIT through the NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research (SIP). This program’s core objective is to give four highly qualified college students studying computer science, information management, business administration, or other related fields an 8-12 week paid internship opportunity in the Summer of 2021. Interns will work and collaborate with experts, getting a first-hand perspective of how CBIIT supports NCI in driving discovery through cancer data science and IT.
Applicants for this program must:
- be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident,
- be currently enrolled in a full-time college or university,
- be in good standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher,
- have prior experience in Data Science and/or IT Administration,
- be able to pass a Federal Background Check using Standard Form-85, and
- must have a record of leadership experience in their school or community.
Apply by March 1, 2020, through the NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research (SIP) website.