We’re Hiring a Supervisory Biomedical Informatics Program Director!
Join us here at NCI CBIIT and apply to work in the Data Ecosystems Branch as a supervisory biomedical informatics program director!
To be eligible for this position, you must have:
- a degree in a health-related scientific field;
- extensive knowledge of current concepts, terminology, and methods related to biomedical informatics and artificial intelligence (AI) research; and
- outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to explain technical information in a way that is understandable to a diverse audience, including those without a scientific background.
If chosen, you will manage a team of up to four senior federal staffers and work with government and contract biomedical, informatics, and AI experts.
Your duties will include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of internal and external state-of-the-art biomedical informatics and AI research projects in the NCI Cancer Research Data Commons.
- Lead the development of software, databases, and portals that process, store, or serve biomedical data.
- Lead NCI project teams and help translate program needs into biomedical informatics and AI goals.
- Serve as a project officer on NCI CBIIT contracts, which includes providing project direction, monitoring progress, and evaluating performance quality and cost-effectiveness.