New Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Staff Scientist Position at NCI’s Center for Cancer Research
Are you interested in working for the Center for Cancer Research’s (CCR’s) Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory? Do you have strong collaborative skills/experience and a Ph.D. (or equivalent doctoral degree) in bioinformatics and computer sciences? If so, visit the CCR website for steps on how to apply for this staff scientist position!
This is a full-time position located in Frederick, Maryland. The staff scientist is equivalent to a senior research associate in academia. In this role, you’ll:
- consult and provide bioinformatics and computational support to principal investigators.
- use sequencing and mass spectrometric methods. This includes bulk and single-cell RNAseq, ChIPseq, metabolomics, proteomics, and more.
- apply machine learning, deep learning, statistical inferences, and bioinformatics methods to analysis.
- develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for genomics application.
- supervise and train junior fellows on using bioinformatics tools.
Apply for this job if you have a strong background in:
- computational skills.
- familiarity with programming languages such as R, Python, and Perl.
- machine learning.
- data analysis.