Apply for a Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Computational Biology
Join the field of computational biology at NCI by applying for a full-time postdoctoral fellow position with Dr. Xin Wei Wang, deputy director of the Center for Cancer Research (CCR). Dr. Wang’s lab focuses on studying genetics, genomics, and biochemical pathways related to liver cancer.
If selected, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge cancer research like single-cell sequencing, spatial sequencing, and patient-derived tumor sample profiling.
Want to apply? The three things you need are:
- your cover letter,
- a current curriculum vitae (CV), and
- three references.
Be sure to email these to Dr. Lichun Ma and include when you’d like to join Dr. Wang’s lab.
To be considered as a candidate, you must have:
- a Ph.D. in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or other related disciplines.
- programming skills in R or Python.
- excellent written and communication skills.
- a strong record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications.
- experience in cancer biology.
This position also opens up various opportunities for collaboration. While working for Dr. Wang, you may have the chance to work with his basic/translational research program emphasizing new molecular approaches to:
- define tumor subtypes and identify biomarkers for early detection, diagnosis, prognosis, and prediction.
- describe the molecular mechanisms of liver cancer with applications towards precision medicine.