Zhining Wang, Ph.D.
Biomedical Informatics Project Manager
I am a subject matter expert on bioinformatics and cancer genomics. As a biomedical informatics project manager, I serve as a federal lead for a few Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC) projects, focusing on data harmonization and sharing. I will also serve as a CRDC liaison to NCI’s Genomic Data Commons.
I am a certified Contracting Officer’s Representative level three (COR III). I am also a member of the following NCI or NIH committee/working groups: NCI Data Management and Sharing working group member (Genomics and other Omics Subgroup), NCI IITAG (voting member), NCI CMI data ecosystem implementation team, and NCI CRDC.
NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC)Connects researchers with data sets and tools to analyze large- scale cancer research data in the cloud.
Analysis of Germline-driven Ancestry-associated Gene Expression in Cancers. STAR Protocols, 2022.
The NCI Genomic Data Commons. Nature Genetics, 2021.
Pan-cancer Analysis of Whole Genomes. Nature, 2020.
- Ph.D., Genetics, University of Idaho
- M.S., Computer Science, Southeastern University, Washington, D.C.
- M.S., Genetics, Zhejiang University, China
- B.S., Agronomy, Zhejiang University, China
- Biomedical Informatics Specialist, Center for Cancer Genomics, NCI
- Senior Bioinformatics Scientist, Henry M. Jackson Foundation
- 2017 NIH Director’s Award, for work with NCI’s Genomic Data Commons
- 2014 NIH Director’s Award, for work with The Cancer Genome Atlas