At CBIIT, Dr. Emily Greenspan works as a biomedical informatics program director in the Informatics and Data Science Program, supporting projects related to the NCI/Department of Energy collaborations, such as the Accelerating Therapeutics for Opportunities in Medicine (ATOM) Consortium and the Joint Design of Advanced Computing Solutions for Cancer (JDACS4C) program. Prior to her role at CBIIT, Dr. Greenspan served as a program director in the NCI Center for Strategic Scientific Initiatives and the Provocative Questions Initiative. Dr. Greenspan attended Wellesley College where she received her bachelor’s degree in biochemistry. She went on to receive her doctorate in biomedical sciences from the University of Connecticut Health Center in 2010. Later, she was a postdoctoral fellow in the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center at local Georgetown University in Washington D.C., where she studied cancer chemoprevention strategies using naturally-occurring compounds.
- Accelerating Therapeutics for Opportunities in Medicine (ATOM)
- High Performance Computing Program
- Joint Design of Advanced Computing Solutions for Cancer (JDACS4C)
- NCI-Department of Energy Collaborations
- Shishido, S.N., Welter, L., Rodriguez-Lee, M., Kolatkar, A., Xu, L., Malihi, P.D., Ruiz Velasco, C., Restrepo-Vassalli, S., Carlsson, A., Larsen, J., Greenspan, E.J., Hwang, E.S., Waitman, K.R., Nieva, J., Bethel, K., Hicks, J., Kuhn, P. Optimization of pre-analytical variables for the assessment of CTCs and cfDNA of the liquid biopsy in breast cancer. (2018). Submitted to Nat Biomed Eng.
- Keating, S.M., Taylor, D.L., Plant, A.L., Litwack, E.D., Kuhn, P., Greenspan, E.J., Hartshorn, C.M., Sigman, C.C., Kelloff, G.J., Chang, D.D., Friberg, G., Lee, J.S.H., Kuida, K. Opportunities and Challenges in Implementation of Multiparameter Single Cell Analysis Platforms for Clinical Translation. Clin Transl Sci. 11(3) (2018): 267-276. doi: 10.1111/cts.12536. Epub 2018 Mar 2. Review. PMID: 29498218
- Rodríguez-Lee, M., Kolatkar, A., McCormick, M., Dago, A.D., Kendall, J., Carlsson, N.A., Bethel, K., Greenspan, E.J., Hwang, S.E., Waitman, K.R., Nieva, J.J., Hicks, J., Kuhn, P. Effect of Blood Collection Tube Type and Time to Processing on the Enumeration and High-Content Characterization of Circulating Tumor Cells Using the High-Definition Single-Cell Assay. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 142(2) (2018): 198-207. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2016-0483-OA. Epub 2017 Nov 16. PMID: 29144792
- Oktay, M.H., Lee, Y.F., Harney, A., Farrell, D., Kuhn, N.Z., Morris, S.A., Greenspan, E.J., Mohla, S., Grodzinski, P., Norton, L. Cell-to-cell communication in cancer: workshop report. NPJ Breast Cancer. 1:15022 (2015). doi: 10.1038/npjbcancer.2015.22. eCollection 2015. PMID: 28722033
- Hsu, E.R., Williams, D.E., Dijoseph, L.G., Schnell, J.D., Finstad, S.L., Lee, J.S., Greenspan, E.J., Corrigan, J.G. Piloting an approach to rapid and automated assessment of a new research initiative: Application to the National Cancer Institute's Provocative Questions initiative. Res Eval. 22(5) (2013): 272-284. PMID: 24808631