We’re Hiring—Apply Today to be a Biomedical Informatics Specialist at CBIIT
We’re seeking a qualified biomedical informatics specialist to join our team. Apply today for this unique opportunity to use data-driven approaches for advancing cancer research.
Sample duties include:
- developing software, databases, and portals for processing, storing, and serving biomedical data.
- keeping abreast of new technologies and recommending innovative approaches to meet core infrastructure and software needs.
- advising on how best to apply software solutions to NCI’s scientific, patient privacy, safety, regulatory, and administrative requirements.
- conducting research and development in emerging areas, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- working with a dynamic team of experts in genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, systems biology, model organism studies, and other elements of basic science.
Key qualifications include:
- a solid background in the concepts, methods, and practices related to biomedical informatics research, especially in genomics.
- experience in managing biomedical informatics programs to support biomedical or cancer research.
- expertise in developing software and platforms for processing, storing, and retrieving biomedical research data.
- experience working with scientific, technical, program staff, and others to conceptualize and develop biomedical informatics programs and projects.
- a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an academic field related to medicine, health sciences, or an allied scientific field.