Give Input to Enhance Support of Early Career Researchers
Do you have feedback on NCI’s current funding methods supported by the Cancer Training Branch and Diversity Training Branch (view the Request for Information) or ideas for new ways to meet the diverse needs of the cancer research community, including the data science and biomedical community? Your input is needed to help shape future NCI support for early career or mentored cancer researchers and trainees.
Consider how you would answer the following questions:
- How can current funding be improved for early career, mentored researchers?
- What opportunities exist for developing new award mechanisms for early career, mentored cancer researchers?
- How can NCI support the development of a diverse cancer research workforce?
If you or someone you know is interested in providing feedback, email your response by December 29, 2023.
NCI is committed to supporting the training and development of the next generation of cancer researchers, particularly when it comes to invigorating their research with data science. Check out our training section for:
- a general overview of why it’s valuable to apply data science to cancer research.
- a video course for learning basic skills for cancer data science.
- a library of resources for answering data science questions.
NCI also offers dozens of opportunities to fund your data science-oriented work beyond training grants.