Get Rewarded by Sending Your “Recipe” for Data Sharing or Reuse in Biomedical Research
Do you believe you’ve developed a best practice to advance data sharing and reuse in your cancer research? Get recognized and receive a cash award for your work by submitting it to the 2023 DataWorks! Prize.
Submit your best practice “recipe” to advance biological and biomedical research activities that incorporate good data management. Examples could include a teaching resource or a biomedical tool. The goal is to create a set of best practices and resources to share with your peers and the research community.
With your submission, you must meet several criteria fields for consideration. You must address certain questions, such as the following:
- Is your practice openly available to use?
- Does it incorporate findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable (FAIR) data principles?
- Does it create or contribute to standards, resources, or tools that make it easier for everyone to access data sharing/reuse?
- Does it create or contribute to an interactive data sharing and reuse ecosystem?
- Has your practice helped solve an important problem?
Be sure to read the registration process, submission fields, judging criteria, and rules before starting your application.
The DataWorks! Prize is a partnership between NIH and the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. The NIH Office of Data Science Strategy will award up to $500,000 total in cash prizes to the Challenge winners.