Gain Data Science Research Experience through NCI’s iCURE Mentorship Program
Here’s your chance to get involved in the Intramural Continuing Umbrella of Research Experiences (iCURE) program, which is accepting applications through December 6, 2023.
To further NCI’s commitment to diversity, the program seeks applicants from underrepresented groups in the biomedical, clinical, behavioral, and population sciences. Previous iCURE projects have included advancing cancer outcomes through large-scale data analysis, leveraging bioinformatics to improve diagnosis and treatment of cancer, and other data science-oriented projects.
Whether you’re a post-baccalaureate (including post-master’s), individual, graduate student, or postdoctoral fellow, this program has a variety of awards for you. If you are accepted, you’ll have the chance to network and receive both professional and career development support.
NCI Principal Deputy Director, Dr. Douglas Lowy, says, “The iCURE program has enormous potential for identifying and training outstanding scientists from underrepresented minorities.”
Participating divisions include the:
- Center for Cancer Research.
- Center for Global Health.
- Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences.
- Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics.
Get a sense of where and how NCI principal investigators need help by visiting this webpage of possible projects. Several
data science-based computational methods to integrate multi-omics data with results from genome-wide association studies.
- creating an automated algorithm to select digital slide images that are critical for retention and linkage to SEER data for future sharing with cancer researchers.
- using the fundamentals of artificial intelligence for digital pathology and medical imaging.
Explore the pre-application content before applying to take part in a multidisciplinary program that supports your career progress!