Funding Opportunity for Using Data Science to Advance Genomics and Health Equity Research
If you’re interested in conducting research that focuses on using data to improve health equity in genomics, explore the requirements in this NCI-sponsored Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
You can submit your application starting October 8, 2023. The application deadline is November 8, 2023. All applications are due by 5:00 p.m., local time.
Apply for this funding if your research focuses on genomics for the prevention, detection, and treatment of cancer across diverse populations through:
- using integrated analysis of genomic and environmental data.
- leveraging or enhancing NCI data resources, such as the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program.
- studying cancer types that are rare or disproportionately affect understudied populations.
- conducting integrated analysis of diverse populations and cancer-related outcomes, including genomic and environmental data, via holistic approaches (e.g., system modeling).
- gathering and harmonizing exposure, phenotype, and outcome data in underrepresented populations.
- have a primary focus on genomics research.
- have a focus on health equity.
- include a Plan for Enhancing Diverse Perspectives.
Through this NOFO, NCI and other National Institutes of Health participating organizations will support investigator-initiated research that advances the equitable use of genomics to improve health in U.S. populations. This includes projects that leverage existing NCI resources and databases.