Explore the Latest Updates to NCI Thesaurus
NCI Enterprise Vocabulary Services (EVS) have published the June 2022 terminology updates for coding, analyzing, and sharing clinical and public health information. EVS provides this content to the biomedical and research community, as it serves as the foundational layer for NCI’s informatics infrastructure and federal and international standards efforts.
New/Updated NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) Content
- The nervous system tumor terminology has been updated according to World Health Organization guidelines.
- Data supporting osteosarcoma for the Pediatric Cancer Data Commons has been posted.
- ORCHESTRA, a multi-national project and new value set containing COVID-19 terminology, was added to NCIt.
- International Medical Device Regulators Forum data for the Centers for Devices and Radiological Health have been updated and available on the EVS FTP site.
- The Clinical Data and Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) controlled terminology has been updated to the P450 publication version (2022-06-24). These updates include:
- one new Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) value set.
- two new Protocol value sets.
- four new Analysis Data Model (ADaM) value sets.
- seven new Questionnaires, Ratings, and Scales (QRS) value sets.
- terminology to support the CDISC Type 1 Diabetes, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Psoriasis Therapeutic Area user guides.
Other Terminologies and Ontologies That Have Been Published
- CanMED: Cancer Medications Enquiry Database (May 2022)
- GO: Gene Ontology (June 2022)
- HGNC: Huge Gene Nomenclature Committee (April 2022)
- NCIt_Maps_To_GDC (22.06d)
- NCIt_Maps_To_ICD10_2016 (22.06d)
- NCIt_Maps_To_ICD10CM_2017 (22.06d)
- NCIt_Maps_To_ICD9CM_2014 (22.06d)
- NCIt_Maps_To_ICDO3 (22.06d)
- NCIt_Maps_To_MedDRA (22.06d)