Check Out the Latest Updates to the NCI Thesaurus and Metathesaurus
NCI Enterprise Vocabulary Services have developed and published the latest NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) and NCI Metathesaurus (NCIm). These resources facilitate the use and standardization of terminology across NCI and the larger biomedical community.
New/Updated NCIt Content
- COVID-19 terminology, including new SARS Coronavirus variant concepts for Omicron subvariants
- The Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) controlled terminology and corresponding NCIt value sets have been updated to the CDISC P49 publication. These updates integrated as part of the NCIt end-of-March 2022 release (NCIt 21.12d), including enhancements and extensions of the Study Data Tabulation Model and the Standard for Exchange of Nonclinical Data controlled terminology.
- Data supporting Hodgkin Lymphoma project, a component of the Pediatric Cancer Data Commons
- Generic canine neoplasm clinical stage finding terms were added to the Integrated Canine Data Commons (ICDC) Data Model Terminology to support the ICDC.
- A new attribute (the property “ClinVar_Variation_ID”) has been implemented in the modeling of gene variant concepts in NCIt that have been mapped to the National Center for Biomedical Information’s ClinVar public human variations and phenotypes database.
NCIm, version 202202, is available on the NCIm Browser and updated terminology sources include:
- UMLS 2021_AB
- NCI Thesuarus_2022_01E
Other Terminologies/Ontologies That Have Been Published
- CanMED: Cancer Medications Enquiry Database (February 2022)
- ChEBI: Chemical Entities of Biological Interest (v.210)
- GO: Gene Ontology (April 2022)
- HGNC: HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee (April 2022)