Apply to be the Next Senior Biostatistician at NCI’s Center for Cancer Research
Are you a biostatistician looking for the next step in your career? If so, apply to be a senior biostatistician for NCI’s Center for Cancer Research (CCR). In this position, you’ll head the Biostatistics and Data Management Section (BDMS) while providing statistical leadership for CCR.
To be considered for the job, you must have a doctoral degree in biostatistics (or a related field) as well as expertise using R or SAS software for statistical analyses. Hiring managers prefer you have several years of experience designing cancer clinical trials.
The first review of applications will begin on March 13, 2023; however, you can submit your application until the reviewers fill the position.
If chosen for this position, you will:
- serve as the senior advisor on experimental design, data analysis, and other biostatistical issues within CCR.
- be responsible for analytic aspects and innovative design development for CCR clinical trials.
- supervise two highly experienced statisticians.
- act as senior advisor on biostatistics as a member of the Scientific Review Committee.
- provide statistical advice and consultation to the CCR branch chiefs, section heads, and other senior staff.
The BDMS provides statistical leadership for CCR’s clinical activities. Staff are involved in the design, review, conduct, monitoring, and statistical analyses of cancer, AIDS, and AIDS-related clinical trials. The program office also provides a broad range of data analysis and consultation services to CCR labs, performing basic research on the origin and growth mechanisms of cancer and HIV/AIDS.