LexEVS Downloads and License
LexEVS Local Runtime
GUI Installer for LexEVS Local Runtime: A single download package with everything you need to install the Local Runtime in a graphical user environment. Download: LexEVS-install-6.2.0.jar
LexEVS Local Runtime Command Line Install: An optional download for installing the Local Runtime without using the GUI installer. This file can be generated by the GUI installer or downloaded. Download: LexEVS-install-config-6.2.xml
CTS2 compliant REST service wrapper for LexEVS. Suitable for deploying in an application server lexevscts2service.zip
Complementary service to the LexEVS CTS2 Service. Provides a required solution to the need for designated URIs. Configure and deploy to an application server uriresolver.zip
LexEVS Distributed: Includes the Java runtime and dependencies, the Java distributed API, and the caCORE SDK-generated services. This can be deployed to an Apache Tomcat or JBoss container. Download: lexevsapi62.war
LexEVS Distributed Client
LexEVS Distributed Client: Enables Java programs to establish a connection to an already-deployed LexEVS Distributed node. Download: LexEVS_62_client.zip
LexEVS Distributed Client 3rd Party Dependencies: Contains all code required by the LexEVS Distributed Client. Download: lexevsapi62-client-dependencies.zip
LexEVS Source Code, JavaDocs and Examples
LexEVS 6.2 Source: Source on GitHub. Full source code for this release found at LexEVS 6.2 Source on GitHub
LexEVS 6.2 Remote API: Source on GitHub. Full source code for this release found at LexEVS 6.2 Remote API Source on GitHub
LexEVS 6.2 CTS2 Service: Source on GitHub. Full source code for this release found at LexEVS 6.2 CTS2 Service Source on GitHub
URI Resolver Service: Source on GitHub. Full source code for this release found at URI Resolver Service Source on GitHub
LexEVS JavaDocs: For all environments: Local Runtime, Distributed, Grid. Download: LexEVS_6.2_javadocs.zip
Runtime Example Code: Code to demonstrate LexEVS API. Download on GitHub: Code to demonstrate the LexEVS API.
LexEVS CTS2 Examples: Examples of CTS2 API calls with a variety of REST clients with which to use the calls. LexEVS CTS2 Examples
- LexEVS 6.x Design and Architecture Guide
- LexEVS 6.x Installation Guide
- LexEVS 6.x Administration Guide (Includes installation of vocabularies)
- LexEVS 6.x Programmer's Guide
- LexEVS 6.x Migration Guide (migration to 6.x is backwards compatible with 6.0)
The EVS 5.x version is currently still supported. However, this is scheduled to be decommissioned in 2011. Therefore, the EVS Team encourages migration to the current release of the EVS APIs listed above. Files from LexEVS version 6.0, 5.x and caCORE versions 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, 3.2.1, 3.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 3.0.1, and 3.0 are made available for download from the EVS Archives. Note that the 4.x and 5.x License terms still apply.
!!! IMPORTANT NOTE !!! EVS 5.1 will be deprecated in January 2011 and retired in July 2015. Since there is no reverse compatibility, a migration effort is required to update to version 6.2.
Copyright Notice. Copyright 2001-2011 Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Northrop Grumman, National Cancer Institute (NCI) ("caBIG® Participant"). LexEVS API 6.x software was created with NCI funding and is part of the caBIG® initiative. The software subject to this notice and license includes both human readable source code form and machine readable, binary, object code form (the "caBIG® Software").
This caBIG® Software License (the "License") is between caBIG® Participant and You. "You" (or "Your") shall mean a person or an entity, and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with the entity. "Control" for purposes of this definition means (i) the direct or indirect power to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
License. Provided that You agree to the conditions described below, caBIG® Participant grants You a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, fully-paid-up, no-charge, irrevocable, transferable and royalty-free right and license in its rights in the caBIG® Software, including any copyright or patent rights therein, to (i) use, install, disclose, access, operate, execute, reproduce, copy, modify, translate, market, publicly display, publicly perform, and prepare derivative works of the caBIG® Software in any manner and for any purpose, and to have or permit others to do so; (ii) make, have made, use, practice, sell, and offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of caBIG® Software (or portions thereof); (iii) distribute and have distributed to and by third parties the caBIG® Software and any modifications and derivative works thereof; and (iv) sublicense the foregoing rights set out in (i), (ii) and (iii) to third parties, including the right to license such rights to further third parties. For sake of clarity, and not by way of limitation, caBIG® Participant shall have no right of accounting or right of payment from You or Your sublicensees for the rights granted under this License. This License is granted at no charge to You. Your downloading, copying, modifying, displaying, distributing or use of caBIG® Software constitutes acceptance of all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to such terms and conditions, you have no right to download, copy, modify, display, distribute or use the caBIG® Software.
1. Your redistributions of the source code for the caBIG® Software must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the disclaimer and limitation of liability of Article 6 below. Your redistributions in object code form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the disclaimer of Article 6 in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution, if any.
2. Your end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if any, must include the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Northrop Grumman, and the National Cancer Institute (NCI)." If You do not include such end-user documentation, You shall include this acknowledgment in the caBIG® Software itself, wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
3. You may not use the names "Science Applications International Corporation", "SAIC", "Northrop Grumman," "The National Cancer Institute", "NCI", "Cancer Bioinformatics Grid" or "caBIG®" to endorse or promote products derived from this caBIG® Software. This License does not authorize You to use any trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos or product names of either caBIG® Participant, NCI or caBIG®, except as required to comply with the terms of this License.
4. For sake of clarity, and not by way of limitation, You may incorporate this caBIG® Software into Your proprietary programs and into any third party proprietary programs. However, if You incorporate the caBIG® Software into third party proprietary programs, You agree that You are solely responsible for obtaining any permission from such third parties required to incorporate the caBIG® Software into such third party proprietary programs and for informing Your sublicensees, including without limitation Your end-users, of their obligation to secure any required permissions from such third parties before incorporating the caBIG® Software into such third party proprietary software programs. In the event that You fail to obtain such permissions, You agree to indemnify caBIG® Participant for any claims against caBIG® Participant by such third parties, except to the extent prohibited by law, resulting from Your failure to obtain such permissions.
5. For sake of clarity, and not by way of limitation, You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and to the derivative works, and You may provide additional or different license terms and conditions in Your sublicenses of modifications of the caBIG® Software, or any derivative works of the caBIG® Software as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
6. THIS caBIG® SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (SAIC), NORTHROP GRUMMAN, THE NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE (NCI) OR THEIR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS caBIG® SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.